[development] Wiki module

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Wed Aug 23 17:24:55 UTC 2006

Bèr Kessels wrote:
> Op woensdag 23 augustus 2006 10:40, schreef Sumit Datta:
>> Once i am done with plan of wiki module i will need to wait for
>> Brussels to wait so that I know what all discussions went in there
>> .... for that time being i will look into Flickr : just study it,
>> nothing much serious.
>
> I managed to install a few actually well-working wiki sites using only Drupal.
> Just glue a lot of modules together. But not one module with the word "wiki"
> in the name!
>
> So investigating the route of a wiki install profile might be worth your time
> too!

I recently helped set up a wiki for one of our client sites. We used:
- CCK (4.7)
- TinyMCE
- freelinking
- input_format_restrictions - a formapi hack module that lets you define
the default and available input formats for each node type [1]. I plan
on making a patch for core for this, but haven't had time. The first
step, in case anyone wants it, is being able to set the default and
available input formats when calling the function which generates that
form widget.

Our client is quite happy with this.

1.
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/modules/input_format_restrictions/