[development] New Themes for New Drupal

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 14:03:50 UTC 2006

On 30 Aug 2006, at 08:53, Larry Garfield wrote:
> Should we be thinking along the same lines?  Don't throw out and
> replace
> BlueMarine with something new and fancy and OMG-so-sexy, but spruce
> up and
> modernize BlueMarine to not look/feel 1995-ish.  The path to get
> there could
> go through Zen, but the end result should keep that "simple first"
> feel.
> Hell, just switching to the 3D Druplicon would be a market
> improvement,
> branding-wise. :-)

I'd accept patches that cool up BlueMarine (using incremental
improvements).

When I upgrade certain software (OS, browser, ...), subtle UI
improvements can trigger a contented smile on my face.  It makes me
believe that the software is 'updated', 'polished' and 'fresh'.  It's
actually quite fun to discover such improvements. :)