[development] New Themes for New Drupal

Mark Fredrickson mark.m.fredrickson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 16:40:06 UTC 2006

Since this is a tech list, I'll ask a tech question: has any work been
done to give themes (read: PHPTemplate themes) full settings
abilities? By this I mean the ability to configure and store more data
than just booleans for search boxes and mission statements.

I think allowing a site user to click some forms and choose his/her
layout and colors would go a long way to ending this debate.

For a demo, check out my unreleased "Nautilus" theme:

http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/mfredrickson/themes/nautilus/

It's actually a theme and a module that allows admins to choose 1-4
column layouts, with some sane defaults. The code ended up being
totally byzantine, so I'm not going to release it, but it gives you an
idea of what I'd like to see in core.

We're coders. Let's do some coding.
-M