[development] possible theme?

Adam Cooper adam.j.cooper at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 11:08:24 UTC 2006

On 8/31/06, Dries Buytaert <dries at buytaert.net> wrote:
> Hello world,
>
> is there someone else who likes?
>
>    http://www.drupalart.org/drupal48/
>    http://drupal.org/node/81217
>
> Personally, I think it makes for the best candidate so far.  It looks
> like bluemarine's pretty sister, and is what I had in mind.

I think it's nice. Stefans comment about white space is right on the
money, it really helps break things up. The use of icons is great
(casting aside GPL issues). Blue is good.

IMO:
* The placement of the search box doesn't fit. It needs to live
somewhere else. Perhaps on the primary links toolbar? (i.e. move it
down some notches).
* How are secondary links going to be displayed. This needs consideration.
* A GPL icon set needs to be carefully chosen. Fedora is developing
new icons for core6, quite frankly they are gopping. VERY careful
consideration needed when choosing a replacement set.
* Gerhard is right about the round icon v.s. tabs. Needs work.
* Perhaps two versions could be supplied (or a setting) for fixed
width and fluid. If a setting is used why not go the whole hog and
allow the user to choose the width.
* More thought needs to go into the relative text sizes of node
content and post info./taxonomy info. Perhaps a bit smaller?

Just a start though. I'm sure I'll think of more.

Overall "3.5"