[development] possible theme?

blogdiva at culturekitchen.com blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
Thu Aug 31 16:47:36 UTC 2006

On  31.Aug.2006, at 12:00 PM, Trae McCombs wrote:

> On 8/31/06, blogdiva at culturekitchen.com
> <blogdiva at culturekitchen.com> wrote:
> Some quick pointers:
>
> (1) How about float them all the way to the right?
>
> Sorry, I missed this, float what?

The navbar tabs. Floating tabs under the search bar may make the icon
look 'more comfortable' :)

> (2)  I don't know what people have against Arial. Verdana is to lumpy
> a font for my taste. If not Arial, then Trebuchet (which is found in
> both Mac and PC) would be a better choice (to go with the logo's
> font).
>
> Non-free.  We should stick with things that show up on all systems,
> like Linux.  MS Trebuchet isn't a free font nor distro'ed.
> Personally I say stick with Sans.

There is such a thing as ... ahem ... cascading of fonts in a
stylesheet. No, really. You must try it sometime ;-) But I know
nothing about free or distro'ed fonts ... BUT ... Trebuchet was one
of the cascaded defaults in MovableType and WordPress. Just saying.

> (3) Can't the font on the login block be a bit smaller (which is why
> I love the login tobbogan)
>
> You shouldn't go messing with font sizes too much.  Font preference
> is a user thing.  What is too small for one is too big for
> another.  0.9em is about as small as you can get away with with out
> hurting peoples eyes.  0.85em Maybe...

Points (heh) taken. And there is something wonky with the alignment.

> (4) The post information should be flush with the title, not the
> content. It reads like content right now. it also should be smaller
> than the content font.
>
> I don't know about smaller, but different color for sure.  You
> should always seperate your "posted by" info from the actual story
> article.

My choice would be to get it closer to the title.

> .node .submitted { color: #3a75b6; }

Different color, yes. I still think links and post info should be a
point smaller than the body of the post :) Which is why we can't
style in committee, can we ;)

I don't have a problem with the color of the post but #666 could be a
good substitute to black.

/liza