[development] possible theme?

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Thu Aug 31 13:23:19 UTC 2006

Dries Buytaert wrote:
> is there someone else who likes?
>
>   http://www.drupalart.org/drupal48/
>   http://drupal.org/node/81217

> Let's avoid talking about the underlying XHTML/CSS: we'll worry about
> that in step #2.  Instead, let's talk about the aesthetics, the brand
> and the message this theme communicates.  On a scale from 1-5 (1 =
> "Argh, it hurts my eyes", 3 = "I can live with it", 5 = "Exactly what we
> need"), what rating would you give this design (not its XHTML/CSS) and why?

I give it a 4.  It appears clean and light.

It certainly continues the brand of BlueMarine.  If that's what is wanted,
this is a good replacement.  The icons are nice, although the "error" red "do
not proceed" shield is too big compared to the rest of the theme.

One problem is that the droplet is glaringly an incompatible color with the
rest of the blues in the color scheme.  I'd suggest changing one or the other
to match hue values better.

I am not sure if this is an XHTML/CSS comment or not:

    I am forced to horizontally scroll in my default browser window.  I hate that.