[development] changes to hook_nodeapi

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Thu Aug 31 16:54:24 UTC 2006

Peter Wolanin wrote:
> My issue isn't that programmatic submission needed to be easier, but
> rather the API for acting on the creation, etc. of nodes. Just got
> less consistent and harder to use.

please elaborate on 'harder to use'. there might be an unforeseen
consequence of the patch, but we can't understand the issue and take action
until you tell us exactly whats wrong/difficult.

the recommended way to take action is now to register submit handlers. thats
consistent with all the other forms in drupal. also, this isn't a
performance patch.

i still owe documentation for this change and an explanation on this list.
i'm hoping that some docs will help everyone feel more comfortable in the
new system.