[development] changes to hook_nodeapi

adrian rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Thu Aug 31 20:10:45 UTC 2006

On 31 Aug 2006, at 9:00 PM, Andrew Lee wrote:

> Precisely, by keeping crud at the data object level, aki nodeapi,
> we have a better chance of decoupling the form level. Is there any
> reason that a module should not be able to implement different form
> interfaces to the same node object? Most applications do this in
> one way or the other.

The issue is that FAPI (it really shouldn't be called that), muddles
the data structures for the view and model components of the MVC
structure.

You _do_ have a data model in the form, but we need a function like
form_builder to extract it.

I will be discussing at DrupalCon how to untangle these two concerns,
and how it ties into CRUD.
(every 'type' with a model, automatically gets a form 'scaffolding' it.)