[development] Drupal Administration survey II: second draft

Augustin (Beginner) drupal.beginner at wechange.org
Thu Aug 31 18:29:46 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 02:10 am, mark burdett wrote:
> I'm not a survey expert at all..  It seemed to me like we would get
> more useful data by asking people to choose the best answers, not all
> which could apply (with regards to why they use drupal, etc.).  The
> original version did have "select all".

"select all that apply" is good. I really doubt you'd get better result by
giving an arbitrary limit. The overall top three would probably be the same
items, but you'd get more detailed information towards the middle/bottom of
the list, too.

In reality, I doubt many people would chose more than 3 options within a short
list, but it would be fairer to those who might have more than 3 answers not
to limit the number of replies.

Selecting any number from a list (0,1, or more) is called Approval Voting and
there is a lot of technical papers showing that it is a very good way to find
the most important item in  a list (or the favorite candidate, etc.).

I think the mention "select no more than 3" can be safely removed everywhere.

Augustin.

--
http://www.wechange.org/
Because we and the world need to change.

http://www.reuniting.info/
Intimate Relationships, peace and harmony in the couple.