[development] changes to hook_nodeapi

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 31 19:34:27 UTC 2006

Jeff,

it seems to me you are saying that this patch needs a patch to restore
the functionality present in 4.7...

>From my point of view as a relative newcomer to this, the present API
for node handling is simple to grasp the logic of.  I think this is a
key point that is being overlooked- the barrier for entry of new
developers and rention of existing ones.  If I call node_save() on a
node object, but then my data is not saved, that's not logical to me.

The hooks into Forms API are not easy to grasp the logic of, even
after spending many hours on this.

Even without this patch, any developer who *wants* to use the Forms
API and submit hooks can.  This patch *forces* us, even when it's not
appropriate to the data model (as mentioned in a previous post).

-Peter