[development] Controlling User Disk Usage

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Sun Dec 3 20:55:51 UTC 2006

I'm working on something similar for a client.  They want uploads per-user to
tie into their existing user quotas on the server.  My tentative idea after
talking with dopry was to have all files save to
$files_dir/$user->name/blah/blah, and then auto-create symlinks from each
user's files dir to a directory in their home dir on the system.
Unfortunately different modules store their file paths differently, so I'm
getting that working only while the uploading user is still logged in.  For
anyone else, images are broken. :-)

Is this something we could share ideas on?

--
Larry Garfield			AIM: LOLG42
larry at garfieldtech.com		ICQ: 6817012

Jefferson