[development] Controlling User Disk Usage

Sammy Spets sammys-drupal at synerger.com
Mon Dec 4 02:18:19 UTC 2006

There are several ways to solve this problem as we can all see.

Some information for everyone. Role purchasing will become much more
stable and flexible in the next release of ecommerce (both on 4.7 and
5.0). This will suffice for handling only the quota amount and
optionally the time period they'll have access.

Modules that currently implement some type of roles handling at purchase
time would benefit from using the built-in code to simplify the modules
and also the maintenance.

Some form of quota management is needed in Drupal. Would be handy if it
were separate from ecommerce yet still useable by ecommerce.

I'd be interested in writing such a module provided I am (and
funding is) available! :) I'd like to be kept in the loop for
discussion about this.

Cheers,

--
Sammy Spets