[development] Seems I need to take sandbox in my own hands

Mark Fredrickson mark.m.fredrickson at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 17:09:26 UTC 2006

The other thing that bothers me is the total lack of communication
that this would be enforced. I read the devel mailing list. I'm on the
d.o and g.d.o. I'm on IRC. The notification that sandboxes had been
turned off was the first I heard about it. Thanks for letting us know.

I recently had a hard drive crash. Having my sandbox available meant I
could get back some patches I had been working on for views. Is views
a core module? No. Do thousands of people use views? Yes. Am I a
dumbass for not having a better personal back up soluion? Certainly,
but my sandbox saved 40+ hours of work on what I hope will be a key
views feature.

If anyone is using their sandbox for purposes other than bettering
Drupal, I will be the first to support ending his/her CVS access. Why
punish the rest of us who use it for good purposes?

Consider this my request to have my (and everyone else's) sandbox re-enabled.

-Mark