[development] Seems I need to take sandbox in my own hands

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Sat Dec 16 23:47:39 UTC 2006

Hi,

I know that you want the sandbox accounts to say the way they are, and
you are willing to pay to get this.

Do not pay for this, I am willing to set up a cvs hosting with my host
company, and provide this service to anyone that wants it.

I have Gb of space that can be allocated, and TB of bandwidth that can
be donated to this. I can hand out most likely more that enough user
accounts.

I think this is a bad change/enforcement of the policy for sandboxes,
and that the current system is a very valuable resource. I know that the
sandboxes are no longer really used for their original purpose, but
their use to a great help to development and share early code.

1 idea I did have is to move the sandbox to a 3rd repository, and we
will not have the chaos of the sandboxes in the contrib repos.

Gordon.