[development] Seems I need to take sandbox in my own hands

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Sun Dec 17 13:37:55 UTC 2006

Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
> Konstantin Käfer wrote:
>
>> Same here. I use my sandbox to store my SoC work which is currently
>> in the form of a module rather than a patch. As long as the code is
>> related to Drupal, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be allowed
>> to be kept there.
>
> Because modules go into /modules. Simple as that. There is really no
> need to hide interesting stuff in a sandbox.

But here's another point; when I check out /modules, I don't want the
stuff that other developers don't think I'll be interested in. I want to
look into module for tools that are ready to use. I get mad every time I
try a contrib module and it is alpha or pre-alpha state. I think "why
the hell isn't this in the sandbox, instead of taking up space in my
modules directory".