[development] Seems I need to take sandbox in my own hands

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Sun Dec 17 13:36:13 UTC 2006

Gabor Hojtsy wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Dec 2006, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:
>> Konstantin Käfer wrote:
>>
>>> Same here. I use my sandbox to store my SoC work which is currently
>>> in the form of a module rather than a patch. As long as the code is
>>> related to Drupal, I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be allowed
>>> to be kept there.
>>
>> Because modules go into /modules. Simple as that. There is really no
>> need to hide interesting stuff in a sandbox.
>
> Gerhard, is there a reason then to litter /modules with alpha quality,
> not for end users code, or even module like code snippets? As far as I
> have seen from previous discussions, there was a move to *separate*
> golden modules from litter (lots of discussions about golden modules and
> themes repository).

That discussion was mainly around on how to present those modules to the
end user on drupal.org. That is IMO a different topic which can be
resolved through the web interface. There is no need to confuse this
with the issue at hand which is about the CVS repository.

> Now the hard rule is that we should move litter
> closer to the golden modules, let it be harder to distinguish.

If you consider your module not fit for general consumption, then don't
create a release.

Cheers,
	Gerhard