[development] Gerhard, Kjartan, Steven... please explain better

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Sun Dec 17 17:17:07 UTC 2006

sime wrote:
> There is an elegant semantic difference in my mind between /modules and
> /sandbox. But I guess nedjo is quite right, maybe I've been too precious
> not wanting to clutter up contributions/modules!
>
> FWIW, my example is:
> http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/sime/casetracker_work/
>
> I have been developing this in parallel to casetracker and I haven't put
> it in /modules because I would like one day to see it included in
> casetracker. I am not a maintainer of casetracker, so obviously it's not
> me making the decision, so I'm happy to cruise for a while and
> developing this in my sandbox really makes sense to me.

Perhaps there is some value to the argument to clean up the sandboxes a
little because i was busy writing a module that duplicates this
functionality nearly exactly. This Plus the ability to organize your
cases into order you plan on working on them. Thank you for pointing
this out.

Michael Favia                   michael at favias.org
tel. 512.585.5650        http://michael.favias.org