[development] forking issue tracking development

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Sun Dec 17 18:37:31 UTC 2006

> http://groups.drupal.org/issue-tracking-and-software-releases

You nail it /right/ on the head:

-------------------
http://groups.drupal.org/node/409#comment-1208
I'm just coming at this from the slightly bitter point of view that the
project.module, for better or for worse, is the fundamental module that
sits on top of drupal core to make drupal.org (and therefore drupal
itself) possible. it's how we deal with the software development process
for our entire system. i'm feeling a little embattled, like i'm the only
one who actually cares enough when it's broken to stay up until 3:30am
to make sure killes updates the copy on drupal.org with the fixes i made

This is /exactly/ the reason that another project management system has
to exist. Any time a single and masterful use case (such as d.o) drives
a piece of software (like Ruby on Rails for Ruby), bad things happen:
development slows, innovation slows, and walls grow. The module caters
more and more to the needs of the One then the needs of the Many.

--
Morbus Iff ( morbus == grumblestiltskin )