[development] forking issue tracking development

Michael Favia michael at favias.org
Sun Dec 17 21:32:25 UTC 2006

Derek Wright wrote:
> and, yes, we've had this discussion before, and i've (partly) resigned
> myself to at least project vs. casetracker.  however, IMHO, we don't
> need 4 more...

I think that a hybridization of the two (CT + Project) could also be
beneficial if we were able/willing to refactor the code management and
release aspects of the project module out into new modules.

At the foundation i think these two can serve the same purpose from a
consolidated foundation with a bevy of associated modules for improved
customization for the task at hand. The ability to add code management
and release capability, or maybe to disable one mail module and enable
another that enables MIME HTML, etc.

It would require a small amount of concession from each side but maybe
its time to select the best feature sets from each and move forward?

As long as we move the useless arbitrary case tracker project numbers to
a new optional module im happy. ;).

Michael Favia                   michael at favias.org
tel. 512.585.5650        http://michael.favias.org