[development] Seems I need to take sandbox in my own hands

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Mon Dec 18 01:32:43 UTC 2006

On 12/17/06, inkfree press <inkfree at gmail.com> wrote:

> (Note:
> Perhaps re-thiking the nature and purpose of, and therefore the on-server
> handling of, the sandbox space will also suggest some alternative end-user
> interface to the downloadable-accessible contents.  If it does not make
> technical sense to provide end-user access through the current web
> interface, then perhaps some additional "public" flags could allow
> individual authors the choice to make certain content end-user
> accessible.)

No. You're a "dev" if you can use CVS to access stuff. You're an "end user"
if you click on links to download modules. The stuff there is "public" and
anyone that knows CVS can go and go it

Many threads, all veering off target. I think we've got consensus that:
* sandboxes should stick around
* we'd like to be flexible about what's in there for community sharing, but
policy needs updating
* maybe they should move to a separate repo

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747