[development] Confused: package value of info files

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 21 01:58:44 UTC 2006

Quoting Earl Miles <merlin at logrus.com>:

> We have consensus already. Please do not muddy the waters further.

I am not trying to muddy the water I am trying to clear the mud from
the water before we have to drink it.  Check the info files already
existing and you'll come to see what I mean.  A couple I have submitted
patches for to remove them from "Core - Optional".  Besides, shouldn't
we give the user a nice grouping for modules that are similar.  The
sentence "If you assign a package string for your module, on the
admin/build/modules page it will be listed with other modules with the
same category." seems to indicate that this is desired.  It will give
the user a better experience if the user has more than a handful of
"Other" modules.  Shouldn't the user see a grouping for Taxonomy for
all of the modules dealing with Taxonomy?

Earnie