[development] The value of version in the .info files

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 21 02:12:26 UTC 2006

Quoting Earl Miles <merlin at logrus.com>:

> Earnie Boyd wrote:
>> Based on http://drupal.org/node/101009 the value of version should
>> be $Name$ to allow the packaging system to do the right thing.  I am
>> finding values other than $Name$ in info files.
>
> Many developers created their .info files before we had established
> this standard. Hopefully over time they'll catch up to this.

Hmm...  I was thinking I just updated from CVS and found some modules
with new info files that did do this?  When was the standard
established, sometime in November correct?

-rw-r--r--    1 boyde    Administ      133 Dec 15 12:47 ./banner/banner.info
version = 5.0-dev

I'm not meaning to pick on banner just giving a cited example.  Many
others don't include the version string at all, I suppose that is ok or
should it be supplied as stated with ``version = $Head$''?

Earnie