[development] Story vs Page - Again

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Dec 22 18:19:44 UTC 2006

Quoting Dries Buytaert <dries.buytaert at gmail.com>:

> On 22 Dec 2006, at 05:28, Boris Mann wrote:
>> On the flexibility angle, I'm going to propose a patch with two/
>> three changes:
>> * page not promoted by default
>> * page with comments off by default
>> * (don't know if we can easily do this) page with "submitted by"
>> turned off by default
>
> 3 x YES, and I'd like to go one step further.  Add a parent ID to
> pages (or nodes in general) so we can create content trees with
> proper breadcrumbs (eg. Home >> About us >> Management >> Joe Boss
> (CEO)) and navigation links.  We might be able to deprecate
> book.module in the long run.

Wow, I didn't realize this was such a hot issue.  While we're at how
about adding a content type option to populate the menu title with the
title of the node and an option to set the default menu?  I was going
to mention this at a later date after I had some time to study the core
code and try a patch but since we discussing changes ...

Earnie