[development] has this been discussed here?

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Tue Dec 26 16:21:35 UTC 2006

Dries Buytaert wrote:

> From what I remember, quite a few people didn't care to research the
> problem before sharing their opinion.  Their gut feeling tells them
> that <!--break--> is semantically better, without knowing what is
> going on under the hood.  As a result, the issue carries quite a
> number of incorrect assessments and fair amount of personal taste.

I read the issue, and ironically 'gut feeling' and personal taste was
the only reason offered for *changing* <!--break--> to something else. I
don't care enough about the issue to fight on way or another, but the
thread was frustrating to read; a late-in-the-game core patch went up,
received NO positive reviews, and several negative ones. It was
immediately committed.

--Jeff