[development] has this been discussed here?

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Dec 27 16:57:46 UTC 2006

Op woensdag 27 december 2006 02:52, schreef Karoly Negyesi:
>  Where are the praising posts in the issue queue, in the forums and on
> devel praising him for the heroic effort that went into the t() patch?

Sorry Karoly, Sorry Steven, but it is a known fact that you'll only hear angry
voices when something goes amiss, and hardly ever anything when something
goes right.
Do you praise the taxidriver everytime he stops for you on a zebra crossing?
Do you thank the checkout girl in the supermarket when she got the total price
of your purchase right?

I do't think it is a good idea to even suggest something like 'earning a right
to criticise'. Its a free community, we all have that right, regardless of
amount of committed patches or amout of times we praised someone. It is up to
you/everyone to ignore critique if you think it is badly voiced, or lacks
proper insight, but don't be suprised if too much ignoring fires back on you
(or even Drupal as a whole) in the end.

Bèr
--
Drupal, Ruby on Rails and Joomla! development: webschuur.com | Drupal hosting:
www.sympal.nl