[development] how to watch for modules/themes being enabled

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Wed Dec 27 23:35:14 UTC 2006

On 12/27/06, Gabor Hojtsy <gabor at hojtsy.hu> wrote:

> Maybe it is not too late to stuff a few module_invoke_all() calls to the
> proper places so module/theme changes are advertised for modules to watch
> for. If it is too late, I would be very interested if others faced the
> same problem and how did they solved it.

I think having a module_invoke_all() when a module/theme is enabled/disabled
is
a very good idea.

Examples are: sites with multiple admins can have an email send to a mailing
list
to inform them of site changes.

But with the code freeze, it may be too late to do it for 5.0. Although it
would only
be Gabor's code that would be using it.

Gabory, if it does not make it to 5.0, simply create a few patches and
bundle them
with your module. Hopefully these very same patches would go in my the time
it is
6.0.