[development] Even more flexibility in content management

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Thu Dec 28 22:05:48 UTC 2006

two more possibilities:

> "view TYPE content" - roles that are allowed to view the content type's
> nodes
> "administer TYPE content" - roles that are allowed to modify the
> publishing options on all nodes of that content type

I think this is a good idea. +1 from me.

The problem now is that "access content" includes every type of content,
regardless.
This prevents sites who want to make a certain content type premium, or just
for registered users only, while the other types are still accessible.

(e.g. recruiters can view resumes, but other users cannot).

You need to check everywhere "access content" is used, and change that.
Perhaps some contrib modules need to change as well.

Don't hold your breath on this getting in for 5.0 though. Looks perfect for
6.0.