[development] Even more flexibility in content management

Laura Scott laura at pingv.com
Fri Dec 29 17:41:57 UTC 2006

On Dec 28, 2006, at 6:33 PM, Khalid B wrote:

> On 12/28/06, Greg Knaddison - GVS
> <Greg at growingventuresolutions.com> wrote:
> Until someone comes up with a brilliant replacement UI, I think
> that's it.
>

> It is a tough usability one to tackle, specially scaling well for
> many roles and
> many modules and many permissions per module.

Perhaps something more along the lines of the new admin area, where
the permissions can be accessed in different ways.

- by module, alpha (default)
- by module, individually
- by role
- by task
   ^ content access controls
   ^ moderation access controls
   ^ administrative access controls

What might be a nice contrib addition would be a simple by-user
override for all permissions, so that single users can have unique
permissions without having to create an entirely new global role for
it. But that's a new topic....

Laura