[development] OpenID

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Feb 10 14:50:13 UTC 2006

On 9-Feb-06, at 2:21 PM, Jonathan Daugherty wrote:

> What do you think?  Do you have any recommendations for how we should
> go about doing this?  What would be consistent for your futuristic
> vision of Drupal authentication?  Any feedback would be much
> appreciated.

Great news, Jonathan! I've been on the standards side of identity,
looking at lots of evolving networks. James Walker recently checked
in the 4.7 version of SXIP (http://drupal.org/project/sxip), and he's
written a couple of other authentication schemes in Drupal -- it's
probably best to get in touch with him for code-level questions.

My view is that core Drupal-auth should be switched out at some point
with an alternate system, since it is insecure by default. OpenID is
my top candidate for this role.

Thanks for getting on the list...looking forward to some more
discussion about this...

Cheers,

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747 San Francisco 415-367-3595