[development] OpenID

Ainsley Pereira drupaldev at pebble.org.uk
Fri Feb 10 20:37:21 UTC 2006

On Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 02:21:54PM -0800, Jonathan Daugherty wrote:
> Here is a link to the current module source, which is under fairly
> heavy development:
>
>   http://www.openidenabled.com/resources/downloads/php-openid/openid.module
>
> vision of Drupal authentication?  Any feedback would be much
> appreciated.

Hi,
This is great stuff; I've been trying to work out how to get OpenID
going for a little while now. I downloaded your module, and tried it out
(with drupal 4.7 beta 4).

I couldn't find Auth_OpenID_DatabaseConnection anywhere, which
Drupal_OpenID_DBConnection attempts to extend, but I worked around this
by requiring DB/mysql.php and extending DB_mysql instead. This at least
let me get as far as getting the other server to ask if I trusted my
test site. However, on returning to my test site, I didn't seem to be
any more logged in than I was before. Could this be caused by the
missing Auth_OpenID_DatabaseConnection?

I'm not very familiar with pear, so for reference, I installed by:
1. Recompiled php with --enable-bcmath (since I didn't have a recent
enough gmp to use that)
2. Coped Auth/ from the PHP-OpenID-0.9.1 tarball into
/usr/local/apache/lib/php
3. Modified the require_onces in Consumer/Consumer.php to use full
paths, since it didn't seem to find them otherwise, even though
/usr/local/apache/lib/php is in the include_path (I think).
4. Put your openid.module into drupal's modules/ dir and made the
DB_mysql changes as above.
5. Activated the module, added the openid block to the left navbar.

Help here would be appreciated.

I take it openid_login_form_submit() would be an appropriate place to
add a check for banned servers? eg. Allowing the administrator to ban
all OpenID users from spammers.com.

Thanks,
Ainsley