[development] Upgrade system

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Wed Feb 15 04:42:21 UTC 2006

Gordon Heydon wrote:
> At this stage I have just moved all this into the store.install, but
> should I instead use an individual install file for each module. So
> there would be a product.install, cart.install, payment.install, etc or
> leave the core modules in the store.install?

One per module usually. Ecommerce might be a bit of an exception, but I
don't think so.

> It is a pity that there hook_install() doesn't have a method for
> stopping the install of the module because something failed or there is
> a dependency missing.

Simple patches get in. All that fancy stuff can be added now if anyone
wants to write it.

Probably the most needed thing is a pre-check on install and update for
create, alter, etc permissions. Everyone keeps saying to try creating a
temporary table and see if there is an error. PHP's "error handling"
scares me.

--
Neil Drumm
http://delocalizedham.com/