[development] Forms.module for 4.7
merlin at logrus.com
Sun Feb 19 18:16:54 UTC 2006
Boris Mann wrote:
> See this? http://www.jotform.com/index
> My personal idea (i.e. handwaving) for forms.module for 4.7 is that it
> would provide support functions to be able to build forms on the fly.
> Both Survey.module and perhaps CCK (e.g. for custom built node/ add
> forms) would use forms.module for this functionality.
> Thoughts on this? Anyone feel like pooling resources/funds to get this
Here is my first pass at a high-level list of requirements.
1) Use drag & drop to place items on the form. Duh, but it's a top level
2) Use formsapi properties -- we have a relatively complete list of the items
and properties that are available by default. These could be implemented verbatim.
3) Use AJAX to send to send modified form items to Drupal for rendering.
4) When finished, send completed $form array either to Drupal or printed cleanly
for the user. Thus the tool could be used by module developers to easily design
their own forms, OR the tool could be used by live Drupal sites to create user
modified forms. In this case, an additional requirement of permissions on some
formsapi attributes may be required, or at least a very good security run must
5) Some macros to fill select boxes/checkboxes would be a nice addition. i.e,
roles, users, nodes that match <x>, etc. This could easily be insecure in the
user-built forms but would be very helpful for developers.
I'm all excited about this. Pity I haven't any free time to do this!
More information about the development