[development] no 4-7-0 branch for core yet?

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 15:25:21 UTC 2006

>> (Crazy idea: should 4.7 be renamed 5.0?
>> Would it be better to call it 5.0?
> It would have been, but with several beta's already released it's
> now too late. And besides if everyone listens to Adrian R. and
> implements his crazy/brilliant ideas 4.7 *will* look like a point
> release compared to 4.8... =D

There a lot of crazy (yet cool) ideas shaping up for Drupal 4.8/5.0.
People should already start preparing their patches; I hope to use
much shorter development cycles in future aiming towards 2-3 releases
a year.  I'm thinking about trying a time-based release cycle, where
development is frozen at a predefined date.  It sounds like something
worth evaluating.  It doesn't hurt to give it a try.