[development] no 4-7-0 branch for core yet?

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Mon Feb 20 21:26:54 UTC 2006

> The impact of under the hood changes does affect end users, but in an

The only users this would effect, with your comments about version
numbers indicating "close" compatibility, would be brand new users who
have never had to upgrade a Drupal before. It has been Drupal's policy,
for as long as I've been with the project, to never worry about
backwards compatibility, and every single release I've ever used has
always needed new and updated modules. Thus, I don't find your argument
strong, really - it merely highlights a (desired) downside we've been
enforcing on our users through any point release for at least two years.

--
Morbus Iff ( take your rosaries off my ovaries )