[development] Forms.module for 4.7

Jeremy Epstein jazepstein at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 22:51:22 UTC 2006

This new library (JotForm) looks amazing.. the demo on the website has
me drooling all over my desk. BUT there's a big issue that concerns
me...

Licensing: what license is JotFrom released under? I couldn't find any
reference to the license or terms of use anywhere on the site. All it
says (in the FAQ) is that "During the beta period, it is completely
free". Even that doesn't sound too promising: clearly, the author
plans to charge for (at the very least) commercial use of the library.
If so, JotForm will be neither a GPLed or a GPL-compatible
application, and therefore we will not be able to use it in Drupal.

Also, Ber, I too think you're overreacting. Nobody wants to jave a
completely JS interface as the ONLY interface to anything in Drupal.
If we ever did implement something like JotForm, it would only be as
an alternative interface to, say, the underlying CCK API.

Jaza.