[development] Stuff

Chris Cook beerfan at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 03:30:43 UTC 2006

On 2/20/06, Khalid B <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:
> Can I suggest something?
>
> The list of bugs that are release critical, can we have a few core people
> (e.g. Dries, Steven and Karoly) go thru them and prioritize according to
> severity and complexity.

I know I'm nobody but I spent some time re-prioritizing some bugs today.

> For example, we can say severity (can't release without, can let it slip),
> and complexity (too much work, moderate, not reproducible, ...etc.)
>
> We then publish a list here to developers, and everyone takes one or
> two to try to fix.

Dries already published a list of critical bugs at the start of this
conversation. Why not start with the assumption that this is the list
of issues which need to be resolved.

> This may be too obvious, and redundant with the issues on Drupal, but
> having a team sift through what can wait and what must be fixed has
> merits, as well as give them visibility and ask people to address them.

Your suggestion would lead me to think that the current issue list is
either too inaccurate or too large to bother looking at until someone
with commit access waves the magic wand over each issue which has a
chance of making release. I'll welcome their feedback where I can get
it but we all have the capability to pick a few (more) issues from the
critical list and either prioritize them down or provide some feedback
where you have some. I'm no core dev but I can tell pretty easily (at
this stage) what is likely to be accepted and what doesn't have a
snowballs chance in hell. Let's save the committers' time for
committing those patches! (hint, hint)

Come on people...play bug bingo!
http://drupal.org/bug-bingo

Just my 0.2 sense