[development] Forms.module for 4.7

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Tue Feb 21 12:16:04 UTC 2006

Ber Kessels wrote:

>>If this is made as a form designer, and is optional, with a non JS way
>>to do it, then I am all for it. Heck, Admins will find a way to turn on
>>JS on their browser or download one who has.
>>

>I am against any difference in user/admin requirements.
>
>I said it as a joke, but if we make this difference, then we can just as
>easy say: use FF, and we do it all in XUL. XUL s absolutely fabulous for
>this.

I'd rather have an XUL one than a JS one. :p

>I do not like the idea of having to put in our "required software" FF>1.0
>IE>6 etc. That we limit ourselves in PHP and SQL versions, allright,.

Did I mention I want to drop mysql 3 support?

>And is is that hard to make something that *works* without JS? Its not.
>Just this lib cannot do it.

I've actually no idea if one can. This lib is not Open Source and
therefor not usable by us anyway.

I would not mind to have a form builder in JS, as long as it degrades
gracefully. Even if it didn't I'd be ok with it as long as it is a
contributed thing. Actually, I would even like to have a form builder
that isn't part of Drupal at all. You only build forms very rarely, I'd
prefer to build it outside of Drupal and then upload the result. No need
to parse a form builder for each page request.

Cheers,
    Gerhard