[development] "I'm disappointed by the freeze"

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Feb 22 09:19:53 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 21 februari 2006 13:53, schreef Dries Buytaert:
> The revision patch took a lot of time an energy to get committed.  Not
> only from Gerhard (killes) but also from me; while Gerhard obviously
> did most of the work, I spent hours reviewing and benchmarking that
> patch.
>
> If you don't have the time or persistence it takes to work on your
> patch, that is OK.  If your patch is important enough, someone will
> step forward to help work on your patch.  If that doesn't happen,
> don't blame the system.  I won't commit patches that I don't fully
> support.

For which I thank you two a lot! IMO this revisions patch needs more kudo's
then the forms API, because the latter was caried by a whole lot of
shoulders, while the first mostl by four shoulders.

What concerns me more is how to deal with this in future.
* How to make sure 4.8 comes quicker and more 'in time'.
* How to make sure that we can get bigger changes in, better and
easier(profiles as nodes, taxonomy.module's code overhaul, upload module
partly rewrite, aggregator.module is lagging behind with the current
technlogies, just to name a few that i suspect will become hot 4.8 issues)

Did Roberts idea of the cooker get any follow-ups yet?

 PGP ber at webschuur.com
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_webschuur.asc
 PGP berkessels at gmx.net
  http://www.webschuur.com/sites/webschuur.com/files/ber_gmx.asc