[development] Module Builder Module 1.0

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Wed Feb 22 09:32:41 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 21 februari 2006 22:08, schreef Darrel O'Pry:
> I think cck and views are god sends, but I don't think they are ideal
> for sites that hope to get hit hard and heavy, where more normalized
> table structures, and less code abstraction can make a big difference.

All my scripts are build from Ruby on Rails ideas:
"scripts/generate Coffee" builds me all the (working!) code to start
extending/customising my coffee website in RoR. Play with it once, you will
be impressed!

Part of my scripting plans are to hook into the themes: adding a node:
 "generate.php example.com node" MyType will make
  sites/example.com/modules/MyType/MyType.module
  sites/example.com/themes/example_com_custom/node-MyType.tpl.php

But, because it is all RoR inspired, the next step is to (ab)use the views
export (and most certainly cck if it gets extraction features) to
 "extract_views.php example.com" should add code to
   sites/example.com/modules/custom_views/example_com_custom_views.module

[*] example_com is dealt with nicer, in reality, I have partly built a
smart-namer that makes nicer names out of the domain, renaming it into
example or of example.org already exists "examplec" etc.
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]