[development] Module Builder Module 1.0

Bertrand Mansion bmansion at mamasam.com
Wed Feb 22 18:12:46 UTC 2006

Larry Garfield wrote:

>> I am personally very thankful to the people who wrote Module_builder and
>> will start to use it straight away even if it's not "powerful and
>> generalized polymorphic code" :p
>
>Great.  You do that.  I'll wait until HEAD unfreezes and then see if I can dig
>up the time to make it (or portions of it) unnecessary, or others are welcome
>to do so as well.
>
>I really don't see where you need to get nasty about it.  I wasn't saying
>Angie et al did anything wrong, just that I don't think it's a good long-term
>approach.

Sorry, I might have overreacted to your negative unrelated post about a positive
initiative :)

But if you are planning to do something positive as well, it's perfect. With
code, it's always easier to talk about something than to actually do
something...

Your idea seems good but doesn't look easy to implement and would mean a major
change in Drupal spaghetti code. I don't see how it could fit without rewriting
major portions of code both in core and in modules. And in the end, you might as
well end up with limited functionality and an implementation that requires hacks
to let you do what you want.

If it's working, don't fix it :)
Anyway, good luck.

--