[development] 4.8/5.0: Modules, the install system, and directories

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Feb 22 19:41:51 UTC 2006

> If by help you mean description, that can safely be in the file.
> I never said we should put the help hook in a meta info file.
> Once again. i'm late to the conversation =)

Well, in my head, having the possibility to move help into the meta
files is required. Otherwise, we *will* have file spewage in the future
("shit, we used ini and we can't move help into there? Um. So, let's
make a .help file! whee!"). I'm against file spewage: I'd really only
like to see .install, .inc, .module, and .meta (or some such).

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
O'Reilly Author, Weblog, Cook: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/779