[development] What would be more useful for install/etc

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Feb 22 20:28:30 UTC 2006

> As much as everyone loves speculating about potential directory
> structures and file formats, theres other stuff to do.

The intent of the thread, as solidified in the subject line, was a
discussion about 4.8 or 5.0's approach to the install system. That
doesn't invalidate the two things you mention, and neither does yours
invalidate mine. They are not, however, in any way, related: yours is
talking about improving the capabilities of existing features in the
install code, and my thread was how best to abuse the install system and
methodology for future versions, which will probably open up for commits
in a month or so. The two threads are entirely unrelated.

It's equivalent to me saying "we really shouldn't think, or heck, even
talk, about comments as nodes because we still have three bugs over here
that need fixing!" While I appreciate your probably unstated goal to
focus all efforts toward 4.7, I heartily admit to ignoring it entirely
so that I can focus on an area *I* care about, as opposed to one I know
nothing about, nor desire to.

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
O'Reilly Author, Weblog, Cook: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/779