[development] 4.8/5.0: Modules, the install system, and directories

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Feb 22 20:34:59 UTC 2006

> oh .. and themes are a great place for knowing that files have changed,
> since most people modify them directly in the directory,
> hence disabling the theme and using a safe default after upgrade might
> be a good way of stopping theme breakages, for instance)

Hrm - I always thought the recommended behavior, Drupal and otherwise,
was to copy the theme into a new directory and modify as needed. This
was difficult with xtemplate, but not so much with phptemplate. Can we
get away from this paradigm? "You have modified the bluemarine theme.
This is generally unrecommended - consider reading this handbook page
instead on how to properly theme Drupal." ?

--
Morbus Iff ( you are nothing without your robot car, NOTHING! )
O'Reilly Author, Weblog, Cook: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/au/779