[development] What would be more useful for install/etc

Daniel Convissor danielc at analysisandsolutions.com
Thu Feb 23 02:21:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 09:07:14PM -0500, Khalid B wrote:

> > So are y'all saying that the upgrade process doesn't work for multisite
> > Drupal installs that share tables?
>
> I did not try it, but I can't think of how it would work. The first site would
> update the tables, then what is the second site supposed to do? Ideally
> it should skip the update of already updated, but ...

Ouch.  Let's see if I can do something about that...

My thought is to run the upgrade once.  Have the process obtain all of the
prefix names by parsing all the sites/settings.php files up front.  I do
something along these lines in the Database Table Creation Script:

    http://drupal.org/files/issues/create.php.v2.txt
    http://drupal.org/node/20530

--Dan

                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/