[development] Drupal and i18n, the holy grail?

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sat Feb 25 14:27:51 UTC 2006

Hello,

> I met Eric Gunderson of Development Seed at DrupalCON and  talked
> about that a bit.
>
> Jose Reyero, the author  of the i18n module has a plan on keeping
> up with 4.7.

I am aware of i18n moudle by Jose. I just feel (know) that it will not suit
me. I know Gerhard had very good points in the current i18n he disliked.
currently we would be forced to all write our huge monolths, instead of being
able to pick those blocks we like and add our extra blocks to make it the way
we like it.

i18n is a huge monolith that serves only one need. And tries to expand all
that trough settings and config.

IMO we should strip all this down to proper building blocks. That is far more
valuable than diving into the one monolith and add options in there for all
our needs.

Bèr
--
 [ Bèr Kessels | Drupal services www.webschuur.com ]