[development] Drupal and i18n, the holy grail?

Khalid B kb at 2bits.com
Sat Feb 25 15:52:19 UTC 2006

> However, this is leading us away from the original issue: getting all the
> user-submitted config data translated.

The current i18n provides needed functionality. Some have said it is monolithic.
It also lacks some features, such as the ability to translate menus. It handles
nodes  and taxonomies in a fairly good way (end user functionality, forget
internals for now).

Let us go back to the hook idea. If there are hooks in Drupal to handle
things such as nodes, taxonomy, menu, variables, users, ...etc. then
the ecosystem will develop plugins for it. We can make them modular.

Let us hope this is on the table Drupal 4.8/5.0.