[development] How to Log in a user

stuff at trackingsolutions.ca stuff at trackingsolutions.ca
Mon Feb 27 10:35:02 UTC 2006

I understand this methodology  however I am finding that drupal sometimes had
critical flaws in it's implementation that stop you from moving forward.

example: drupal_get_destination() is rewritten in 4.7 to handle the get
variables properly. I upgraded my functions 4.6 code to the 4.7 code and now
it works.

Am I supose to just ignore the short commings or code arround them? I love how
much time drupal has saved me but there has been some real stoppers. I have
been stuck on very simple problems that have turned out to be drupal bugs. I
guess I am not the type to stop on something when I do not have what I want.

When I need to upgrade I will way the cost and run diff! :)

On that note I have tracked the function down to the user.module and the
user_login function. Am I correct?

Thanks

P.S. Porting Drupal to JSP/Servlet would be so powerful. It would allow for
total seperation of layers and become much more maintainable. Just a dream of
mine :)