[development] Re: enterprise needs

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 16:46:43 UTC 2006

>> 6. Do MySQL replication
>
> At present you can only use mysql replication as a hot standby, drupal
> does not support mysql replication at present because it does not
> differentiate between read and write queries.

Can't you use master-master configurations?  Not sure if that will
work properly (never played with it); I guess masters can be out of
sync at times.

I understood what you wrote in your previous e-mail now; we should
separate read from write queries so we can support master-slave
configurations (and get most out of database replication).