[development] Re: enterprise needs

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Mon Feb 27 17:03:53 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 17:46 +0100, Dries Buytaert wrote:
> >> 6. Do MySQL replication
> >
> > At present you can only use mysql replication as a hot standby, drupal
> > does not support mysql replication at present because it does not
> > differentiate between read and write queries.
>
> Can't you use master-master configurations?  Not sure if that will
> work properly (never played with it); I guess masters can be out of
> sync at times.

Master-Master replication in mysql is asking for trouble. You can try
it, but it won't be pretty.

Mysql 5's nbd clustering is promising, but is for in memory only
databases... Hopefully that technology will be built on.

Maybe one of the postgre folks can chime in on postgresql's clustering
and replication technologies.