[development] Re: enterprise needs

Chris Johnson chris at tinpixel.com
Mon Feb 27 17:22:44 UTC 2006

Somewhere in the list of diminishing returns of optimizations to make are also
these two items, which were mentioned in my Drupal Enterprise-wide session in
Vancouver:

1.  Tune your MySQL or PostgreSQL database.  There are lots of knobs that can
be twiddled, and just a couple of them can make a big difference.

2.  Tune your operating system for the task at hand -- e.g. web server or
database server, or some hybrid if on the unfortunate end.

Yes, it is true these things are general to all kinds of applications, not
just Drupal.

Kieran recently posted a large PHP snippet that helped with tuning MySQL.
It's highly worthwhile as a starting point; I've already used it to tweak my
MySQL tuning for my non-Drupal database applications.

..chrisxj